Our 2x72" Steele Kit Grinder is the machine that gets you into the larger 72" belt, without breaking the bank. The 3/8" thick steel plate construction gives you an extremely rigid platform and 2 tooling arm slots allow the use of our wide range of accessories.
2x72" STEELE KIT GRINDER
All our grinders come with a pre-wired VFD and Motor. Simply bolt together the flat-packed machine, bolt the motor on and plug your 220V single phase plug into the socket to get grinding. The 360° rotating platen has a 2" and 3" contact wheel for profiling and hollow grinding. By purchasing the optional 5" contact wheel for the 2x72" Steele Kit Grinder your rotating platen has a whopping 3 contact wheels and a slack-belt. To have this many options without a tool-change is utterly phenomenal.
All of our wheels are rubber coated. This gives enhanced traction from the drive wheel to the belt and means you get phenomenal contact-wheel performance without chatter.
It is the perfect solution for a maker wanting to use a 72" belt and has use applications for everyone from a knifemaker, to blacksmith, to fabricator, to woodworker, to jeweler or engraver. For grinding knives, de-burring steel, sharpening tools or shaping wax, a belt grinder like this is a phenomenal addition to your shop.
Please note, this product is sadly only available to ship to locations within the United States.
- 2×72” belt length
- Shipped flat packed, requiring some basic bolting for assembly
- 2hp 2 pole motor with 4” drive wheel
- 0-4100 surface feet per minute belt speed controlled by pre-wired VFD speed controller. Simply bolt the motor on and it's plug and play.
- 220-240V input power.
- 8.5″ / 215mm platen backing
- 360° Rotating platen allows: use of platen, 2" contact wheel, 3" contact wheel and is able to accept our optional 5″ contact wheel without removing the platen. This addition also gives the use of a slack belt.
- Rubber coated wheels for smooth performance and great belt traction
- Flat plane belt tracking for accurate belt alignment
- Easily assembled frame
- Unpainted for greater economy (or greater customization ;))
- 2 tooling arm slots
- Fixed work rest
- Protective spark guard
- Flips from vertical to horizontal with optional bench stand
- Made in Australia
Please note, the grinder and motor/VFD will ship in 2 or more separate boxes.
Please be warned. Using these products can be extremely dangerous and can cause serious bodily harm.
You as the purchaser of the product are acknowledging the risks involved and accepting full responsibility for injury and damages related to its purchase and use. You are therefore releasing our company, employees and representatives from any and all liability related to its use.
Do not under any circumstances operate the equipment without training, eye, ear and respiratory protection. Do not manipulate adjustments or change belts with the machine powered. Do not make modifications to the equipment or use power different than specified.
Other 84Engineering dealers, please tell them we sent you!:
In Australia and New Zealand: http://bit.ly/artisansuppliesau
In Europe: http://bit.ly/multitooluk