2x48" Steele Kit Grinder
This machine continues to impress us. It is a machine capable of keeping up with anything you can throw at it while being run off a standard household 110V outlet and taking up less shop space than anything comparable.
This model takes a 2x48" belt and comes equipped with a pre-wired 1.5hp motor and VFD speed controller. Don't worry about needing to find a motor and compatible VFD and learn how to wire it: we did all the leg work and all you'll need to do is bolt the motor to the machine.
- 2 x 48" belt length
- Shipped flat packed, requiring some basic bolting for assembly.
- 1.5hp pole motor with 4" drive wheel for excellent belt speed & torque.
- 0-4100 surface feet per minute belt speed controlled by pre-wired VFD.
- Simply bolt the motor on and it's plug and play.
- 110-120V input power.
- 6" long platen backing.
- 360° Rotating platen allows: use of platen, 2" contact wheel, 3" contact wheel
- Rubber coated wheels for smooth performance and great belt traction.
- Flat plane belt tracking for accurate belt alignment.
- Easily assembled frame.
- Unpainted for greater economy (or greater customization)
- 3 tooling arm slots.
- Fixed work rest.
- Platen arm also accepts small wheel attachment.
- Flips from vertical to horizontal with optional bench stand.
- Made in Australia.
All of our wheels are rubber coated. This gives enhanced traction from the drive wheel to the belt for keeping up with the power requirements of a heavy-hogging grind and means you get phenomenal contact-wheel performance without chatter.
The 2x48 is a small unit but it packs a punch. A shorter belt allows the use of a smaller motor and therefore a 110V outlet, without a sacrifice in torque. Despite its compact size it is a machine that is capable of accepting every accessory from a 1/4" small wheel attachment all the way up to a surface grinding attachment.
2x48" Steele Grinder with a 3m Trizact belt
Side view of the 2x48" Steele Grinder with a 3m Cubitron II 984F belt and Small Wheel Attachment
It is the perfect solution for a maker with limited space and has use applications to everyone from a knifemaker, to blacksmith, to woodworker, to jeweler or engraver.
Grinding on a 3M CubitronII 984F belt with the 2x48 Steele Grinder
You might also like...
Universal Tool Rest
Small Wheel Idler Arm
Angle Adjustable Tool Rest
Please be warned. Using these products can be extremely dangerous and can cause serious bodily harm.
You as the purchaser of the product are acknowledging the risks involved and accepting full responsibility for injury and damages related to its purchase and use. You are therefore releasing our company, employees and representatives from any and all liability related to its use.
Do not under any circumstances operate the equipment without training, eye, ear and respiratory protection. Do not manipulate adjustments or change belts with the machine powered. Do not make modifications to the equipment or use power different than specified.