2x48" Steele Grinder
This machine continues to impress us.
Capable of keeping up with almost anything you throw at it, while being run off a standard household 110V outlet, and taking up less shop space than anything comparable. It's the perfect package for convenience, hobbyists, and professionals alike.
This model takes a 2x48" belt and comes equipped with a pre-wired 1.5hp motor and VFD speed controller. Don't worry about needing to find a motor and compatible VFD and learning how to wire it: we did all the leg work, all you'll need to do is bolt the motor to the machine.
Unfortunately, this product only ships within the USA.
If you're in need of belts or abrasives, check out Combat Abrasives and use code STEELE for 5% off!
A Smaller Footprint
The 2x48 is a small unit but it packs a punch. A shorter belt allows the use of a smaller motor and therefore a 110V outlet, without a sacrifice in torque.
Coated Drive Wheels
All of our wheels are rubber coated. This gives enhanced traction between the drive wheel and the belt so keeping up with the power requirements of heavy-hogging grinding is easy. You get phenomenal contact-wheel performance without chatter, in an affordable package.
Plug and Play
We've already sourced the best motor and VFD for this machine, all you need to do is bolt it on and you're ready to go, no wiring or extra components needed.
- 3 tooling arm slots.
- Fixed work rest included.
- Shipped flat packed, requiring some basic bolting for assembly.
- 1.5hp pole motor with 4" drive wheel for excellent belt speed & torque.
- 0-4100 surface feet per minute belt speed controlled by pre-wired VFD.
- Simply bolt the motor on and its plug and play.
- 110-120V input power.
- 5 Amp Power Draw
- 6" long platen backing.
- 360° Rotating platen allows: use of platen, 2" contact wheel, 3" contact wheel
- Rubber coated wheels for smooth performance and great belt traction.
- Flat plane belt tracking for accurate belt alignment.
- Easily assembled frame.
- Unpainted for greater economy (or greater customization)
- Platen arm also accepts small wheel attachment.
- Footprint 14" W x 18" L x 23" H
- Operating noise level of 110-120 DB.
- Flips from vertical to horizontal with optional bench stand.
- Made in Australia
Time and money are finite resources, and we want you to get the most out of both. We are dedicated to providing the best possible service and experience in both the craft, and your interaction with our online store regardless of the circumstances.
Every Step of the Way
If you have any questions or concerns email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
We do our best to make and supply high quality products that we trust and use. We’ve found so much enjoyment and satisfaction in this craft, and providing you the with best experience we can is a huge joy.
Whether that fix is a refund, replacement, or a question about the craft, we have a team that's dedicated to your success and enjoyment.