Gibson 72 Deluxe
We are currently out of stock of our grinders, but we will be getting more available to purchase in 1-3 months! Please sign up to our newsletter to stay up to date and be the first to know when they're ready!Sign up to our Newsletter here!Having Trouble Deciding on a Grinder?
The Gibson 72 is our primo-deluxe, top of the line, metal shredding monster. Manufactured by 84 Engineering in Australia, these machines push the limits of performance and capability in the knife-grinding world and is jam-packed with features.
A 7" rubberized drive wheel and 2hp motor powers this machine creating a whopping 5400 SFM belt speed with phenomenal traction. This all-in-one package has vertical-horizontal pivoting built-in and our range of accessories mean this a machine you won't outgrow. As far as attachments go, you won't be disappointed with the full kit that accompanies the Gibson 72.
Unfortunately, this product only ships within the USA.
- 2 x 72" belt length.
- 2hp pole motor with 7" drive wheel for excellent belt speed & torque.
- KBAC VFD Speed Controller pre-wired and mounted.
- 220-240V input power.
- 0-5400 surface feet per minute belt speed.
- 8.5" carbide faced "dovetail" platen backing for superior wear resistance.
- Adjustable length slack belt.
- 2" , 3" and 5" contact wheels.
- 1/4" , 1/2" , 3/4" and 1" small wheel attachments.
- Double idler small wheel arm.
- 4-way small wheel work rest - 4 indents allow for secure support.
- Large work rest with micro angle adjustment.
- Rubber coated wheels for smooth performance and great belt action.
- Drive wheel tracking for perfect and consistent belt alignment.
- Fully welded frame.
- 6 arm slots.
- Infinitely adjustable belt tension.
- Flips from vertical to horizontal.
- Pressure plates to ensure tooling arms are not damaged.
- Protective spark guard.
- Made in Australia.
We'll start off with the angle adjustable rest, the easiest, most precise way to control the angle of your tool-rest in relation to your platen.
It provides a large 6x12" work area, and utilizes a threaded adjustment handle for minute and easy changes. The package also includes, exclusive to the Gibson, 1/4", 1/2", 3/4" and 1" small wheel attachments, a 4-way small wheel platen AND a duel idler wheel small wheel arm to give the tightest radius's possible.
Profile of the Gibson 72 with a 3M Trizact belt and the Angle Adjustable Rest
This sample pack includes one of every grit we offer. A100-180G, A65-220, A45-400, A30-600.
Gibson 72 tilted with a 3M Trizact belt
This is the grinder we primarily use in the workshop because it's just stinkin' nice to run the Ferrari of belt grinders. This is not a machine that will make anyone a better knife-maker, but it certainly won't ever limit you as a maker either. Using this beautiful machine always puts a smile on our faces, and sometimes that's just what it takes to help get the job done.
Grinding the Turkey Fork on a 3M Cubitron II 984F belt
You might also like...
Universal Tool Rest
Small Wheel Idler Arm
Angle Adjustable Tool Rest
Please be warned. Using these products can be extremely dangerous and can cause serious bodily harm.
You as the purchaser of the product are acknowledging the risks involved and accepting full responsibility for injury and damages related to its purchase and use. You are therefore releasing our company, employees and representatives from any and all liability related to its use.
Do not under any circumstances operate the equipment without training, eye, ear and respiratory protection. Do not manipulate adjustments or change belts with the machine powered. Do not make modifications to the equipment or use power different than specified.