Build-A-Knife-Box: Butchers Cleaver
This kit will not be restocked. Each Build-A-Knife-Box is a limited edition kit!
Have you ever wanted to build a knife, but you didn't have the right tools?
The kit comes with the following:
- The "Butchers Cleaver" blank laser cut by Send Cut Send (3/16" thick 1095 steel)
- Two Roasted Curly Handle Scales
- Black Canvas Micarta Pin- 1/4" x 5 3/4"
- 1/4" HSS Black & Gold Contractor Drill Bit
- The pictured finished knife is NOT included! This is the finished product!
If you already have belts, or want to purchase your own, great! If you'd like to use our specially designed belt and epoxy kit, click HERE!
You start with a knife, blank laser cut by Send Cut Send out of 3/16 thick 1095 steel. We even cut the holes into the steel to make your life easier. All you need to do is grind the bevels onto the knife, temper and heat treat, cut your pins, and drill holes into the handle scales. After you've done that, you'll profile your handle, glue it all up, and then have an awesome addition to your kitchen set!
Once you've created your knife, be sure to post a photo of it tagging us, @alecsteeleco, and the #buildaknife tag!